Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Coffee and Cookie Brownies

A departure from my usual healthy meals, I had to throw in this tasty treat.  These are so simple and are always a hit!

Coffee and Cookie Brownies

1 16.5-18 oz. package refrigerator sugar cookie dough
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 19.5 oz. dark chocolate brownie mix
1/2 c. cooking oil
1/3 c. coffee liqueur or strong coffee, cooled
1 c. (a generous cup at my house) chocolate chips

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Press the cookie dough into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.

Combine eggs, brownie mix, oil, and coffee until just mixed.  Pour over the top of the sugar cookie dough.

Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips.

Bake 50 minutes or until edges are set.  Let cool and serve cut into bars (or for my sisters - with just a fork per person on the couch digging right into the pan!).

Food for Thought: An easy way to reduce clean up with baking is to line the pan with parchment paper.  When the bars are cooled, simply lift the entire batch out by the edges of the parchment paper.  It makes them easier to cut and serve too!  I learned that trick from my smart friend, Sarah B.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment