Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Katie's Chicken

My friends and I did a marinade night where we mixed together a bunch of marinades in freezer bags and then brought them home to fill with meat to keep in the freezer.  It is such an easy way to get several meals ready at once and so fun to have girl time too!  This recipe is from my friend, Katie P. though she says she call this "Aunt Mary's Marinade" (is that right?). I think from now on we will call it Katie's Chicken.  The whole family loved it and gobbled it up.  I served it with grilled veggies and potatoes (again, once I figure out how to make something a hyper-link, I will link the post here).  It was a perfect warm weather meal! 




Katie's Chicken


3/4 c. olive oil
3/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. Worcestershire
1/2 c. white wine vinegar
1/3 c. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. each salt/pepper
2 tsp. minced garlic
4 chicken breasts

Instructions:

Place all ingredients into a large freezer bag.  Either freeze at this point and thaw in the fridge before cooking or place in the fridge to marinate for 2-4 hours.

Cook chicken on a grill over medium or medium low heat for about 5-6 minutes per side until chicken is cooked through. 

Husband Rating: 8 out of 10

Food for Thought: Another great way to serve this chicken would be as a kabob.  To do that, I would cut the chicken into large cubes before freezing and then alternate chicken with your favorite kabob veggies on a skewer to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment